Wednesday, March 19, 2008

More Stories and Family Pictures

Okay, so its been a while since we've posted anything new. We don't have too much new and exciting going on but here are our updates.

Seth is on Spring Break this week. Woohoo! I am LOVING having him home and we have done nothing but play. Its been great! He's really getting into the clinic now at school and is loving it.

We just attempted to celebrate 5 years of marriage. I say attempted because we had a sitter for BOTH kids and we were going to get all dressed up and go out to a nice dinner. That day Logan had a fever and we ended up canceling. Doesn't looking like we are going to have a make up day either. We were kind of sad but this is the life of parenting and we wouldn't trade that for anything (well, maybe a full night's sleep)!

I just had my Spring Break two weeks ago. I got all of my canning done and a few projects I've been wanting to do. It was so nice not to have to be on the computer at night but I am enjoying being back into a routine.

Mom, Sas, Kyle, Evan and Todd came to visit last week. We did more canning, shopping and just hung out. It was so much fun to have them and even though I knew I'd be down seeing them in two weeks I still cried like a baby when they left. Thanks for driving our car up guys! I know the trip was LONG but it was so fun!

Logan is doing something new everyday. He is talking a ton (more like a little parrot) and it is SO hard to discipline sometimes. He's a pretty smart kid and he keeps us on our toes. For instance, he is terrible at hide and seek. He laughs the entire time he's hiding and if you don't find him within 10 seconds he comes looking. Well, the other day I was talking to mom and came out of my bedroom and found some DVD cases open with no movie. I began calling his name and nothing. I looked in every room both upstairs and down and still nothing. I started to panic when I decided to look behind the couch (I could have sworn I already had) and low and behold, there he was, DVD in hand with that little smirk. I had to turn to laugh. A few weeks ago they came bringing him to me from nursery (surprise, surprise) and Seth was teaching primary. So, after 10 minutes of disrupting the Young Women lesson I decided we'd go back to nursery together. So I walk down the hall, two bags on my shoulder, an empty plate (it had cookies for the YW), a carseat with a 15 pound sleeping baby and Logan crying holding onto my skirt. What a sight I know. The chapel doors with the other ward in sacrament meeting were open and the nursery just happens to be across the hall. Logan last saw Seth in the chapel and runs in yelling 'dada, dada' down the middle of the aisle. I dropped my bags and baby and ran in after him. Needless to say, Logan went to primary that day. He keeps us busy but he is so much fun! He new thing right now is he wants Chloe to say the prayer, all the time. No convincing him otherwise. Too cute!

Chloe is growing like a weed. She talks non-stop all day and when she's not talking she's wanting to be held. She is a little girl with a mind of her own and she cracks us up. We love to squeeze her fat legs and cheeks and try to make her laugh. She only does it when SHE wants to.

Welp, same old around here. We just had our family pictures done and here are a few. A friend in our ward did them and we got like 300 pictures. They all turned out so cute and most of them posted on here are black and white because those are the ones on my wall and I didn't know the numbers to the color ones to download. Anyway, you get the general idea. Thanks Teri! They turned out AWESOME and we LOVE them!

13 comments:

Brittanie said...

Such cute pictures!! I love your hair Courtney!! It's fabulous!!

Rochelle said...

Cute pictures! We are so excited for you guys to come! Can't wait to squeeze and love on Chloe!

Anonymous said...

Wow Courtney it has been so much fun to look at your blog and how you are doing! You are so good at it :) I love the little videos that you do of your little boy you should do one of your new little girl :) Man, hopefully we will be able to see eachother in the not to far future :) I am so happy for your life though! You were meant to be a wife and mother! I really mean it, your wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Shug, you're just SO pretty! And the kids, are way too cute! Logan totally looks like a Skinner, a mini Seth!!

Cam and Chelle said...

Congrats on 5 years!! And your pictures are all gorgeous! Love those cute kids!

Kendria said...

Cute bow and cute pictures Court!! Logan is a crack up! Glad you had a good break and thanks again for helping me can my beans...

Jordan said...

Cute babies!! (and your hair looks adorable)

jordan and kat said...

cute pics! she is soooo adorable! aren't girls fun? (trust me ... i would know!) just wanted to say hey and some check out our blog... allens2003.blogspot.com. love ya!

Teri said...

Those Family pictures are SUPER CUTE! Who is your photographer again....oops I forgot, Me! JUST KIDDING! Your cute little family are the best subjects! I had a blast doing them for you!

Colton and Ashley said...

You're pictures are really cute! Logan looks like a little boy! SO GROWN UP!

Colton and Ashley said...

Um, Melissa Brawley was my sister Kelsey's roommate? How do you know her? She married her old boyfriends cousin! Small world!

Audra said...

Courtney-I love your blog. Now we need to stay in touch.

Carie Annie said...

Congratulations on 5 years!!
I want Teri to do my family pics too!!