Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Commencement

Funny how such beginnings can seem like huge endings. We celebrated graduation on Friday the 28th of May. Well, it actually started on Thursday with a nice dinner put on by the school and a fabulous paper weight given to the graduates by the alumni association. This was also the awards ceremony where Seth was honored with the Pig Jaw Suturing Award. I was so proud!

That night continued for me with heading down to the church to decorate for the luncheon that we were doing. In bed at 1am and up at 6am (with LITTLE) sleep in between and up and out the door for the big day. Before going into that however, HUGE shout out to our parents that made mad dash trips up just to be here. Moms and dads, we hope you know how grateful we are for all of your love and support and your willingness to come. We are so blessed with such awesome parents. Tyrell, it wouldn't have been the same without as well. We are glad we could help you get your xbox fix while you were here ;)!

Anyway, I must say that the school did a great job with the Dental School graduation. Short, sweet, and really nice. The coolest part I think was that Seth's dad was able to "hood" him (the purple thing around his neck). Since his dad is a doctor, he got to do it. That was the first cap and gown (and the last now that I think about it) that his dad has ever worn. Funny huh. He didn't even go to his own graduation.



Now our house echos, the walls are empty and the garage is full of boxes (way too many boxes). Seth left today for New Mexico and the kids and I will follow in about two weeks. We all have so many emotions right now. This change is good but very bitter-sweet. We are excited to start this new adventure but sad to leave our family in Colorado behind. That being said, I will not make this my final Colorado post. I'm sure these next two weeks will bring some excitement that will be blogging worthy!

3 comments:

The Carlson Crew said...

HOORAY for Dr Skinner and fam! We are so excited for you guys...would not be half so excited if we were still in CO being left behind :) Excited that you get to start up a new adventure in NM and know it will be WONDERFUL! Good luck with the next two weeks, Courtney! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Brittanie said...

Congratulations you guys!! It's so nice to be done! =) What will you guys be doing in New Mexico? Are you going there for a job or more school? Either way, I'm excited for you and your next big adventure. I remember being so sad to leave CT last year but happy to be starting our next chapter. Good luck with everything!!

Andy and Michele said...

Wow, that's so cool that a)both sets of parents came and b) that his dad got to be a part of it. How neat! I hope these two weeks fly by for you! Call me if you need to vent or unwind or talk to someone older than 4 or whatever it is! :)