Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The NEW House!

So I'm finally getting around to blogging about this (or blogging anything for that matter). I've tried so hard to get the pictures in order and with only a little frustration, I did it! So here is your tour!

The front of the house. Like my project in the driveway? Hand me down dresser that will be refinished black and put in our bedroom. This picture was taken last week and it still looks like this out front. I'm waiting for Seth to fix a side that was broken. We live in a small cul-de-sac. There are only 5 houses in it! LOVE IT! Its so quiet and the kids can play out front without me having a panic attack when I see my 18 month old half way down the street! ;)


This is the living/dinning area. It is one big great room. Pros and cons about that but overall we are really loving it.

A small kitchen but very functional! I am really liking it. Lots of cabinet space and they are deep which is working out nice! It is usually a little cleaner than this but oh well.

My first pantry! I've always had cabinet space for a pantry and now that I have one I don't think I'll ever go back! I am in love with this little room! My cansolidators just came in so I am currently working on making it functional and cute of course!


The office. This is right off of the dining room table. This door is closed for a reason. It has been since we put all of those boxes in there. Seth wanted to do this room. This door might remain closed for a while.


Seth's other room (not the laundry, are you kidding?)! The laundry is mine, unfortunately and the garage belongs to Seth. There are lots of cabinets and a counter top behind the laundry room door that is great storage as well. That basket, has been there for a while. I'll have you know I did fold it before blogging this post.

Kids/guest bathroom. LOVE the calming colors in here. We need some calm. Again, lots of cabinet behind the bathroom door that gives tons more storage!

The boys room. All things airplanes. The quote is my favorite! It says...
Brother will you...
build forts,
skip rocks,
shoot hoops,
tell me stories,
Always be my best friend?

LOVE IT!



Chloe girl's room. Slowly coming. I'm going to make a headboard eventually for her bed out of bead board so this will change a little.

Our room. The project on the driveway will one day makes its appearance in here. Until then...
I am really loving our room. The Forever, Promise saying has some meaning. We always used to write that to each other. Great reminder some days!! Just kidding honey!
We are still unpacking and reorganizing but we are loving it. The back yard is huge and we share a wall with the stake center which makes getting to church on time convenient! More post to come soon about our quick Vegas trip and our night in the ER with Chloe!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful house! I love the "Forever, Promise" thing. What a great thought!

Diana said...

I love your home!! How exciting to finally have one all to your own family again. I always love the way you decorate.

The Carlson Crew said...

Beautiful! I like being able to see where you are, and that house totally looks like it belongs to you. I'm sad about a) you have an 18-month-old and I haven't met him and b) you were in the ER. Ick!

Summers Family said...

YAY!!! An update! I LOVE your house! I love seeing how people decorate their houses! Now hurry up with the rest of your posts! LOL!!!

Claydens said...

i love it! yippee for getting a house and settling in! Sounds like you are loving it!

The Boring Family said...

We had a little "cupboard" on the backside of the kitchen counters in our house growing up and it was awesome! We kept all the kid project stuff in it, and mom happy, because we could hide it away, quick! I'm so excited for you guys to have a house! Lots of fun!

Clint and Tiffany said...

Fab tour darling! I'm SO excited for you guys to be here! You are seriously going to get sick of us pretty quick, cuz I think that between Clint and my girls... ok and me too! We all want to make up for lost time! :O) Your home is beautiful, as always!

Bastian Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

I love it! What a fun house. I love the quote in the boys' room too.

Levesque Family said...

Love it! I have the girl saying in my girls room that is like the one you have in your boys room. So fun!

Kendria said...

Love Love Love the update! And yes, Mason is seriously cute! Time for another cute Baby Skinner... now that you've finished a triathlon! Bring it on!