Okay, okay. I really don't know what my deal is lately but I keep having these moments and unfortunately, you get to read about them. So here it goes.
I've been really evaluating lately and decided I need to simplify my life. I need to give up the things that are good for the things that are better. Anyway, in trying to do so, I have come to some major crossroads and have found myself falling into the rut of life. The crazy thing is, there is NOTHING in my life to be in a rut about. I have the opportunity to continue my education, I have the most amazing, wonderful husband in the world, the two cutest kids in the world, awesome families, great friends (even if I am anti-social), a super fun calling, a beautiful home and I could go on and on. So, I decided I needed a pick-me-up. Fortunately for me, I was talking to a great friend about this very situation and she emailed me a talk by Elder Holland called "Because She Is a Mother" in April 1997 Conference. You can find it on lds.org. I sobbed through the entire thing. I'm okay! I'm better than that, I'm great! And even more, a Prophet and Apostles are cheering me on! Guess what?! They are for you too! It made me realize that by doing my best as a wife and mother I am doing exactly what the Lord expects of me. He also talks about how our inadequacies are what bring us to the Lord and keep up on the right track. If we were perfect would we seek His help? Anyway, for those of you who just need a huge lift from an Apostle, this is it!
So this is what else I've learned from this. I don't only have two beautiful children that I am so crazy about but if you look close at the last video, I have one heck of a guy! I am head-over-heals in love with this man that comes home from long days and jumps in to see how he can help. What a guy! What an incredible example of someone who puts others first. I honestly think I am the most blessed, luckiest girl in the entire world! love being a wife and mother and wouldn't trade my "job" for anything in the world. I have everything and more than I've ever dreamed of.
Now, for the unsolicited advice. Since this is my blog I figured I can get away with this. To all you wives and moms out there. Keep your head up. You are doing a FANTASTIC job! Take a step back and recognize what all you are blessed with instead of what you are tried with. I know we live in scary times but that is one thing President Hinckley made sure we knew. That it is a wonderful time to be alive and enjoy all the blessings the Lord has in store for us.
Okay. I'm off my soapbox. Thanks for reading!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Just For the Moms!
Posted by Skinners at 10:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I needed to read this! Thanks so much for sharing this and I'm speaking in church on Sunday so this will be perfect! By the way, I think you are amazing! I've always admired your upbeat, happy, kind self! I think Seth is pretty lucky to have you too.
I feel you sister!! I have experienced something similar too! I need to read that talk right now. Oh, and what a beautiful family picture!
Thank you for posting that... I know what you mean completely and you really do have to stand back and say "what?" I am so blessed! Sorry Court, but I have the best husband in the world. :) You are so blessed to and on days when we feel like we aren't that important or adequate- we have to remember that... Being a mom is really hard work! Thanks! you are a great mom and friend full of so many great TALENTS. Thanks for sharing them.
Post a Comment