No, we didn't go to Idaho for the day to hike (but that would be kind of fun)! We drove 45 minutes out of Denver, met the Holyoaks, threw the kids in some backpacks (child carriers of course) and headed out. Seth thought it would be fun to expose me to the world of backpacking and packing our kids around would be a great start. I LOVED it! We hiked a little trail (well, part of a trail) and found this cool waterfall. Then we headed toward a lake and Seth and Brandon got to do some fishing. Seth caught 3 and since I've never had trout decided to cook one for lunch! I was a little nervous but it was pretty good. We got eaten alive by mosquitoes and Chloe ate enough rocks, dirt, sticks, bugs and leaves to last her a lifetime! My legs and hind end are a little sore but I am READY to go again! It was a blast!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Idaho Falls Hiking
Posted by Skinners at 10:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Hey you guys - looks like fun! I love to fish - hate to eat it.
How pretty-looks like a blast!
That was fun! Thanks for inviting us to go along! I heard the fishing was even worse next time around! :) Can I just say that I love little CHLOE girl! Logan is pretty dang cute too!
Hi Courtney!! I haven't seen or talked to you since club volleyball...How is everything going??? Your family is beautiful! Love, Kari
I miss you guys! Reading other people's blogs makes me go crazy that they're not here! The pictures are beautiful and I have to say that I agree with you about hiking - it IS a LOT of fun! Clint wants to take me up Ash Creek, we'll have to wait for you guys to come with us! When are you coming for Christmas? I know it's a long way off, but just curious if we'll have any time with you guys or not!
Cute pics Courtney! Oh, and you look amazing, you skinny thing!
How fun. What a beautiful place to hike!
Post a Comment