Friday, October 30, 2009

What's Goin' On!

So we have had some snow. Okay, like 12-18 inches (I never heard the final numbers) but the kids were wanting to play so while Seth shoveled the driveway they went out to play. Chloe's poor little nose and cheeks were as red as her jacket!




This boy is getting so big! He didn't want to play, he just wanted a shovel to help his dad. Seth even tried to convince him to just play and it wasn't happening. It was so cute to watch him try and maneuver that big shovel. He did get a few scoops up before deciding it was time for some hot chocolate!

She just wanted to eat the snow. Her little gloves were soaking wet but she just kept going at it!

This is was our back yard. It is starting to melt now but there was no step down from the garden to the yard. It looked like one big yard with random tomatoes poking out!

Since the kids were sick on Monday we didn't get to carve our pumpkins for FHE so while Seth had to call some patients, I did it with the kids.

Logan loved it. He loved the gooey stuff inside and was going to town.

When I asked Chloe if she wanted to stick her hands in it to clean it out she looked at me and said, "No mom, its yucky!" I busted up laughing! She used her scooper in the pumpkins seeds bowl to stir.



So this was my final project for my fondant cake class. Not perfect by any means but it was really fun to do. I already know what Chloe's cake is going to be! I love fondant and am having a blast trying new things. Now.... if we could only get somebody to eat all this cake. Any takers?

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That is crazy snow! Probably the only reason I'm glad not to be in CO right now! But of course in a couple of days it'll be gorgeous again. Fun cake, too- nice job!

Kendria said...

Chloe is so gorgeous, can I just say that? Where is the picture of your belly? Since I didn't get to see you last week, I was really hoping to catch a glimpse. Where are Logan's gloves by the way? Oh! And fantastic cake my dear!

Levi, Disney Fanatic said...

Awesome cake, Courtney!! Levi is just like Chloe in the snow- he just wants to eat it (even when he's not wearing gloves, he just keeps digging in)! Was this Seth's first snow shoveling experience? I know he's off the hook most storms- lucky guy!

Andy and Michele said...

Awesome cake! I can't wait to see Chloe's! How fun to have snow, although, I'm sure it will get old fast. Well, thanks for the support anyway, think of me while you're enjoying those sweets!:)