Monday, February 22, 2010

Growing Up and Moving On To Bigger and Better

So with Logan quickly approaching 4 (too quick if you ask me, but I'm just the mom) we are trying to break some habits and become a bigger "big boy". The other day the kids were watching Swan Princess (it was Chloe's turn to pick) and Prince Derek had a bow and arrow. I was cleaning my room and Logan says, "Mom, come in here I have to tell you something!" So I go in and sit by him and very matter of fact like this is how the conversation went:

Logan: Mom, can I get a bones and arrow?
Mom: Why?
Logan: Just so I can practice shooting with it.
Mom: What are you going to shoot?
Logan (thinking): Umm, may I can just shoot the walls or something, just to see if I can hit what I want to.
Mom: We'll see (the ultimate answer to any question).

So, I had a grand idea! After talking to Seth, this is the conversation Logan and I had today.

Mom: So Logan, what would you say if I said we can go get you a bow and arrow if you will throw your blankie in the trash.
Logan: Okay Mom!
Mom: No Logan, that means you can never, ever have it again. It will be gone. Not to sleep with or drive (he gets to take it to AZ when we drive) or anything.
Logan: Okay Mom! Lets go!

Seth came home early and we went out and found this kid a "bones and arrow". We came home, put it together and well....


(He really wasn't this sad, he was being silly)

Nice upgrade!

3 comments:

The Carlson Crew said...

Way to go, Logan. And...I think I can guess who picked that thing out!

Sara said...

That is awesome - has he seemed sad about it, or is he good now? I'm not looking forward to getting rid of Jaina's pacifiers, though we've already done it with Reilly. She doesn't seem as attached as he was, yet at the same time there is pure JOY when she goes to bed with them...

Anonymous said...

it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who bribes my child to kick a habit!! I told Easton that he couldn't turn 4 or have a bday party unless he stopped sucking his thumb, the kid quit cold turkey!!! (he has that same cross bow, and he LOVES it! and I love it cause there aren't a million little nerf darts everywhere, just 4 big ones!!!)