Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Our love of lunch and jello

So, at school the other day Logan made his own peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He was so proud of himself. So, when I asked him what he wanted for lunch he shouted, "Peanut butter and jelly!" I asked him if he'd make all of our sandwiches and like he's been cooking for years, said, "Sure mom. That'll be fine." Cracks me up. Chloe needed a job so she was put in charge of chips and sugar snap peas on plate (this is our attempt at a well balanced meal).
Doesn't this look so yummy? FYI... there was peanut butter on his shorts, shirt, arms, hands of course and between each piece of bread he licked the knife.
He asked for a little help to get the peanut butter to the corners but did most of it by himself. I think the funniest part of this entire lunch making session was when Seth walked in the door and saw the process. The look is beyond words but I assured him it would be fine (aka he'd be blessed for eating this mess). Ahh, I'm laughing just thinking about that look!
The final products. Mmmmmmmmm!
And even though he didn't get to enjoy the peanut butter and jelly feast, he was just happy to be here. See his forehead, he tried to pull up to the rough bricks on the fireplace and crashed.
After lunch I thought it would be fun to let the kids made jigglers. Another first for the Skinner household. Logan checked the fridge like every 10 minutes just waiting. When it was finally time, well, these looks say it all!
Chloe really did enjoy the entire process. This is her wiping her sticky hands on a kleenex. That equals another mess for mom but it was pretty cute.
And litter Maser Racer got to enjoy the spoils. This kid inhaled his jello (like all other meals) and couldn't get enough! Sticky was an understatement with him!
So, if anybody is hungry for a fabulous lunch of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, chips, sugar snap peas and some jigglers, we offer a mighty fine meal!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMMM!! You are a super cool mom and those sandwiches look delish!

(Did I seriously just say, "delish"?

Parmelee said...

love it, so cute! your a nice mom, cause I sure wouldn't let my kiddos make that mess, cause I wouldn't want to clean it up! miss ya!

Andy and Michele said...

That is just so stickin' cute!! Chloe looks so grown up - wow. And Mason is adorable, I can't believe how big he's getting too. How nice to have such good helpers.

The Layton Family said...

We would LOVE some!!!

The Boring Family said...

Morgan's been preparing our PB and J for about a year now, and we're still alive despite all the licks, tastes, and such! I think he did a great job! I can't believe how big Mason is getting--what a cutie!

Natalie said...

So cute! I love that you took the time to take pictures. I would have been chasing kids around with a wet rag! Super cute though. What a good mommy you are!

Kendria said...

That pic of Logan spreading is SOOOO cute. And who the heck is that little blond baby in these pictures... when did he grow up!???

Diana said...

I'm coming for a sandwich. Tell Logan I'm on my way. Seriously I am hoping to be able to make a trip to see you soon. I've really missed you. We are getting a new addition to our family today so I will have to see if I can manage a trip in the not so distant future. Have a great day!

Colton and Ashley said...

I can't believe how big they have grown in such a short amount of time!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man!!!!!!!!

cluffgirl said...

mmm.... those look delicious! hehe, I love watching Ayden try to "cook" things like sandwiches and "decorate" cupcakes :) It's so cute and he LOVES it, I think it makes their meals so much more exciting when they get to help. Funny how it's the complete opposite as an adult, it's always better when someone else makes it :)

Clint and Tiffany said...

How fun! I must admit that I'm guilty of doing more for my kids than I should, but because it's faster and cleaner. You get a gold sticker in my book for being so patient and brave! :O) Ok, ok, ok! My goal in life is to good like you so I guess I'll let Madi make us some apricot sandwiches {she likes PB&Js, but prefers just the jam. Goober kid!!}. Wish me luck!